Thursday, February 21, 2019

I think I finally found the key to helping my body image.

I’m still in the middle of a pretty massive weight loss journey (over 100 down and about 30 to go but I’ve slowed down quite a bit). I have been doing heavy protien and moderate fat along with counting calories. It’s been very successful My self esteem took a real hit with the weight loss. I developed body dysmorphia at some point so I just couldn’t see a difference in 100 pounds of loss in a positive way. All I could focus on was the remaining fat and loose skin. People would tell me I looked great but I felt like they were just being polite since that’s what you are supposed to say to people who lost weight.

It was really getting me down so I decided to try getting back into strength training. I havd given it up long ago because I was worried that too much muscle would make it too hard for me to pass. (I’m trans). But I started it up and I remember how much I genuinely liked weightlifting. I look forward to gym days and am genuinely excited to go. Surprisingly thought I’ve started seeing improvement in my body. Even in a few months of work I’ve seen some real improving in my neck and shoulders as well as my leg muscle. It feels so strange to actually see positive change in my body and my mental state is way better than a few months ago,

I guess I just wanted to share and encourage people to expirament with new workouts or looks if they aren’t loving their progress because they might just find the catalyst to fix that by trying new things.

submitted by /u/Magnanimousbosch
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2T815JK

No comments:

Post a Comment