Wednesday, February 13, 2019

I want you to ask yourself if it’s worth it.

Now that we’re in February a lot of people that had New Years resolutions are quitting and I’m going to try and give a little push here to stop and make you question if that food is worth it.

I am 20 years old, I’m 5’4” and at my highest weight I was 188 pounds. Today I stepped on the scale and weighed 164 lbs. I’ve lost 24 pounds since June and while that weight loss was and is slow because I fell off the wagon many, many times I’m still proud of it and I am trying so much harder than I ever have. I don’t see much of a difference but I feel it and it feels great.

The point of this post is to motivate me and you to keep pushing forward so that we can both live the life we deserve.

Saying no to food is hard.

Exercising is hard.

Counting calories is hard.

Saying no to temptations is hard.

Changing your life is hard.

All these things and many more that come with dieting and saying no and eating healthy are hard, very hard.

But you know what’s harder? Dreading and avoiding going to the beach in the summer with my friends because of my body is harder.

Walking to class painfully aware of how each fat roll is rubbing and sweating and feeling gross from a ten minute walk is harder.

Squeezing into my medium sized shirts that fit all throughout high school and realizing these shirts are getting tight and no matter how hard I suck in my stomach still sticks out is harder.

Not being able to wear cute summer shorts because my thighs rub together so much that my skin blisters and burns is harder.

Avoiding intimacy with my boyfriend who has loved me unconditionally for over 2 years because I hate my body is harder.

Watching the seams on the inside of my cute new leggings break and tear after a couple months of wearing them is harder. I know that some women and men just have bigger thighs and this happens at any weight, but for me it is preventable.

Not having a nice pair of jeans because they all look spray painted on and give me a giant muffin top is harder.

Crying in the fitting room because everything I try on looks awful is harder.

Next time you feel like giving up I want you to think about how hard dieting is but how much harder it is to hate your body and dread things because of your weight. Is that food really worth so much self hate and sadness? I’m finally starting to realize that it’s not.

submitted by /u/amber111298
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GD3g1k

No comments:

Post a Comment