Saturday, February 16, 2019

Is it actually that hard?

First off, some background details. I'm 26M 6'13", SW: 260, GW: 198, CW: 249. I've never been at a normal weight my entire life (30+ bmi) and finally decided to start loving myself. I've been easing into a healthier diet since january 1st and I've also joined a gym about a month ago. So far I've lost about 10lbs just with diet and cardio. Since I've never stepped in a gym before, I did all my research on the internet, spending hours on bodybuilding forums and YouTube videos. I'm still nervous at the gym, I'm still scared of the barbell and the free weights but someday I'll get there. I've seen countless "my 2 month transformation" videos and "get a 6 pack in four weeks" videos which made me somewhat hopeful for my journey but I've also seen many, many videos of dieticians and personal trainers saying things like "oh, if you're starting at an obese level then your weight loss will bounce back in no time" or "obese persons lack the discipline to lose weight and gain muscles". My question to you guys is, is it that hard for an obese person like myself to lose weight and get in shape? Or better, is it even worth it? I really want to lose weight but with so many people saying it can't happen I'm starting to feel like all this is for nothing

submitted by /u/sigridian
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TYzWX3

No comments:

Post a Comment