Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Just got diagnosed with hypothyroid but I’m not giving up!

I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder that everyone in my family has that I was deeply hoping to avoid. At our recent get together, my sibling (who has achieved skinny-dom through CrossFit and won’t stop talking about it) told me my face “looked puffy” and that I should get my thyroid checked.

I was stubborn and didn’t want to, and I was even more upset when my test results came back and my thyroid was completely out of wack. I felt like they were right for thinking that about me and I was pretty embarrassed to have gained enough weight to look noticeably different to my family. I went on a weekend binge and felt terrible, even after losing some weight through CICO and exercise.

Monday was a new day and I’m back on the wagon. I’ve got my medicine, my doctor also suggested I try over the counter L-Theanine for anxiety and it’s awesome. I’m logging my food, back on the bike working out and for the first time I want to go to the gym. And I’ve been going enough now that my workouts are becoming easy! Unbelievable. And get this, those muffins that tempted me in the binge? Threw ‘em in the trash. It was empowering. I’m not giving up! Not even close!

Anyway, I love this group and the support here and want to know others who discovered thyroid issues through weight loss.

submitted by /u/agirlcalledher
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2BlGdog

No comments:

Post a Comment