Monday, February 4, 2019

Lost 10lbs for the first time ever!

After years of on and off weight loss attempts, I feel like I’m finally on the right path! At most I lost about 5 pounds in my past attempts combined, and I’m 90% sure it was water weight. I’m feeling super accomplished right now! I’ve never seen a number so low on the scale.

Some of the changes I’ve noticed from my last attempts:

1) Using Lose It! instead of My Fitness Pal - I noticed that after a while of using MFP I became obsessed with eating so little that I would get the “you’re likely not eating enough” message which led me down a path of restricting and bingeing. I’ve also noticed the Lose It! goal projection and method of assigning calories to certain meals was a lot more encouraging than the MFP 5 week estimate. Personally I thought that I wouldn’t like not having the 5 week estimate, but I actually prefer the estimated goal date!

2) Meal prepping! Previously I was either in high school or working only part time while being at uni (but not actually attending classes, depression sucks) and my parents would cook for me or I’d pick food up on my way home. But now that I’m working full time and often to late hours at night, I’ve started meal prepping just my dinners. I always have the same types of things for breakfast and lunch, but I found that meal prepping my dinners for the week has helped amazingly! I actually know what I’m eating and I have been trying some healthy foods I didn’t think I’d like!

3) Investing in a FitBit - Now of course that’s not the only reason I’ve had success, plenty of people do so without one, but I found the FitBit amazingly helpful and motivating. Especially the step goals!

4) I have a healthier mindset in general - I’ve accepted that weight loss takes time and I’m no longer trying to rush it. I’m being patient with myself and I’ve also come to realise I can still indulge every now and then - I never realised I could still fit a McDonald’s with friends into my daily calories! I’ve also realised that if I binge the gain I see is only temporary, after a couple of days I’m back to normal which I would have never expected before. I’m glad to have realised that one day of eating badly isn’t enough to gain like 5 pounds.

Kind of a weird post since 10 pounds isn’t a huge number I know, but it’s nice to feel like I’ve actually started to succeed :)

submitted by /u/woosunghyuk
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2RDmyp9

No comments:

Post a Comment