Monday, February 11, 2019

Lost 2.5 lbs last week so I rewarded myself with a 10 mile hike!

I weighed myself yesterday morning after a week of logging my calories and doing my best to have a surplus of calories left over and lo and behold -- I lost 2.5 lbs!! This is the first real progress I've seen since I restarted my weight loss efforts last month and MAN, it's such a good feeling.

I recently switched from working as a server (where I was walking 5+ miles a day) to working in an office (where now I walk 1+ mile a day) and I've been struggling with getting my eating and calories under control. I joined a gym with the intention to go every day after work but honestly...gyms just aren't for me. It's too crowded and I hate the idea of working out surrounded by 50 people who probably aren't paying attention to me but possibly are.

So I've been trying to find alternative methods of exercising and found a local park with various hiking/biking trails. Originally I'd planned to go on Saturday but had to cancel because the wind chill was ridiculous. Sunday morning, I woke up, immediately weighed myself and saw the scale go down!! In the past I would have taken the win and just vegged out at home all day but instead I decided to lace up my shoes and see what those hiking trails were all about.

To be fair, the trail I followed was only 7 miles but I somehow turned it into 10 😂 Maybe I got turned around at one point, I dunno.

According to my smart watch, I

- took 24,800+ steps
- climbed 13 flights of stairs (those hills KILLED me)
- had 246 active minutes
- burned 1,600 calories

I'm not gonna lie, the last couple of miles were hard, mentally and physically. I had no idea where I was or how close to the end, the sun was setting faster than I could climb, and the temperature dropped 10 degrees in a blink. I almost cried when I finally saw my car in the parking lot and when I got home, I crawled into bed and didn't move for the rest of the night (mostly because I couldn't). BUT I'm already thinking about the next time I can go back again (damn this weather) and in the meantime have plans to check out a few smaller trails that won't take so much out of me at once. Maybe I've found my new exercise hobby?!

submitted by /u/mipda
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Sq6nRs

No comments:

Post a Comment