Monday, February 11, 2019

Choosing between our friendship and my health

I know this isn’t relationship advice but I would like to hear from some people who have experienced this.

I made a friend at work last year and we became close quickly. We started hanging outside of work a lot since we are about the same age (mid twenties) and have been dragging each other out of our houses since we both suffer from depression. We are also both juuuust over the obesity line.

Last month she started nagging me to go to the gym. I accepted finally and we were gym buddies for all of four days. No big deal until I started getting guilted for going to the gym alone (without her) on days she was too tired after work. A few days I even moved my schedule around so we could go when it would work for her and then she would just not show up.

I have gone every day but one for five weeks and I feel amazing and have lost weight with my diet change. She has not been back to the gym since but wants to have lunch or dinner or go party a few days a week and I have had to decline because I have no self control and I don’t want to mess up my weight loss.

I’ve asked her over and over to come back to the gym with me so we can hang but she is always too tired. I know she is depressed but I don’t know if I can help her through this and continue to care for myself. This is an especially tough time of year for me so I don’t want to risk slipping back into my own depression.

Is it crazy selfish of me to leave her hanging like that to save myself? She’s a great friend and I love spending time with her but I feel like she doesn’t want help so I have to just...go on.

submitted by /u/dangobelli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2thU6iL

No comments:

Post a Comment