Friday, February 1, 2019

My January in Numbers: How Did you Make Out?

Like many around here, I set out on January 1 to reverse the damage from the holiday season. My goal was to lose an average one pound per week, and I feel I accomplished that. When I look at my data day to day, it sometimes seems as though nothing is working. I started off the month at 130.4 pounds and halfway through January I had a weigh-in at 129. Normally this would be discouraging, but that's where data trends come into play.

This is a chart of my calorie intake, weight and expected weight over the month: https://imgur.com/cwuNb87

The blue bars are my calorie intake, the yellow line is my actual daily weight and the green line is my expected weight based on that previous day's calorie intake (my TDEE is about 2,250). Given my calorie intake over the course of the month (1,780 on average), my expected weight at the end was 126.3. My final weigh-in was just under that at 125.4. There are lots of ups and downs, but when the month is viewed in the entirety, my yellow line matches up perfectly with my green line. Aka: the math works!

This is why I love calorie tracking as a method of weight loss/maintenance/gain. Be consistent and accurate and the math will follow through.

How did everyone else make out with their January goals?

submitted by /u/Jynxers
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Sm1oQS

No comments:

Post a Comment