Sunday, February 10, 2019

Needing encouragement to keep it up

2017 was a huge year for me. I left an incredibly toxic 7.5 year relationship, and had the energy to start taking care of myself after years of just wanting to sleep through life and eat whatever I wanted. From June 2017-October 2017 I lost 54 pounds. (265 to 211) I still think a lot if it was because I wasn't stressed anymore, because while I was eating healthier, I wasn't doing anything drastic. Just watching portions and eating lots of plant based things, etc. Then I plateaued, and started to work out regularly again, but wouldn't budge. Through November 2018, I stayed within the same 5 lb range. In December, I gained 10 pounds, due to changing birth control and holiday food- I think mostly birth control, because I didn't overindulge by much. I changed back to the other one to hopefully prevent more weight gain. I'm still 40 to 50 pounds over my ideal weight, so it isn't just the last couple of pounds. I'm in a new relationship now, and he is just great. Incredibly supportive and kind, and we are very happy. The past 2 weeks, we have been doing IF and sticking to a whole foods diet. We were working out around 3 times per week average, but both were sick and missed our workouts these last 2 weeks until we went to the gym yesterday. I figured since I had watched my calories and been doing IF that it would still be ok. He lost 11 pounds in that 2 weeks. I weighed myself, and I'm down .5 pounds. It felt like I'm being so careful and prepping my meals, and drinking plenty of water, etc, all for nothing. He did great, and I'm glad, but also disappointed I didn't do well, too.

I guess I'm just hoping for some advice or encouragement to help boost my weight loss or to keep me motivated to continue when it feels nothing is working like I thought it would.

submitted by /u/christinaymt
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2TH8nBh

No comments:

Post a Comment