Monday, February 4, 2019

NSV: 3 inches lost off waist in 1 month!

So I started my weight loss journey Dec. 10th 2018. I had baby #2 Oct. 26th and was cleared by my doctor to start exercising on Dec. 10th so I thought "Let's get started!" My weight was 228lbs that day in the doctor's office.

I began with simply tracking my food on MyFitnessPal and I started jogging a little. On Dec 14th my dad had a heart attack and on Dec. 18th he had a triple bypass surgery. We have similar metabolisms and I knew if I didn't make some changes and keep them I would be heading towards type 2 Diabetes and an eventual heart attack as well.

For 2 weeks I did research while continuing with what I was already doing (CICO). On January 2nd I started Keto and IF (16:8). My weight was 224lbs and I did baseline measurements. I like to do measurements once a month because they allow me to not get so obsessed with the scale.

Well, last night I did my measurements and I lost 3 inches off my waist since 12/31!!!!!

I went from 47" to 44" (I also did lose 10lbs, but this is a non scale victory) and my current pants don't fit very well! I'm still a little bit away from pre-pregnancy clothes, but this is one step closer.

A word of encouragement- whatever your weight loss method, keep up the hard work! If the scale doesn't move keep at it and be patient! And try to keep track of NSVs, the scale isn't everything!

submitted by /u/parish_ra
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2GjLHDn

No comments:

Post a Comment