Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Putting the amount I've lost into perspective - [SV] (ish)

So I managed to lose about 20lb four years ago, but have since gained it back plus more, and haven't managed to make any other weight loss attempts stick until this time. I started at the beginning of January and am officially 4.7kg / 10.3lb down!

Now, I know that isn't a huge amount in the grand scheme of things - I still have about 25kg / 55lb more that I want to lose. But I was doing some dumbbell exercises the other day and I couldn't figure out the weight of one of them (I knew how much the plates weighed but not the little bar in the middle), so I decided I would just go stand on a scale holding it and not holding it, and subtract.

Guys, when I stood on that scale holding the dumbbell and it told me basically my original weight from the start of January, I was shocked! Turns out the dumbbell is 5kg which is only a tiny bit more than I've lost, and it's surprisingly heavy! It's so weird and such an interesting way to put into perspective how much difference 5kg actually makes. I'm imagining that I've been carrying around a backpack with one of these dumbbells in it for months, and I've just been able to take it off.

Will definitely continue to use the weights I have as comparisons to how much I've lost!

submitted by /u/thewindandsky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2I8tE5F

No comments:

Post a Comment