Saturday, February 16, 2019

Recently injured, can't exercise= Cut back on calories?

I'm very active and always have been. I have an active job and I also run/exercise frequently. For me, it is a large part of my mental and emotional wellness, as well as the fitness aspect of my weight loss plan obviously.

However, I've got a less than ideal history with eating disorders, etc.. This year, I started developing much healthier eating habits and strategies, thanks in part to the success stories and tips shared in this sub. I'm redefining my relationship with food (and myself) and I have found a lot of empowerment and success in counting calories. I've lost 14 pounds. I've got 8 more to go toward my initial goal weight. It doesn't seem like much, but each pound was lost without resorting to harmful behaviors and mindsets, and I'm really proud of it. For once I feel in control of things. I've been eating 1860 calories a day.

However, I injured myself pretty seriously, and for the next 6-8 weeks I'm going to be sedentary - which is terrifying to me. I'm losing my outlet to stress release and also losing an important means to managing my CICO. Has anyone been through this before? I think I am going to need to cut back on my calories but don't want to slip into starvation mode.

submitted by /u/saint_annie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Ii49yS

No comments:

Post a Comment