Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Sobriety for weight loss, but seeing social effects too

Hi all!! New to the sub and loving it. This week I decided I’m going to do one month sober to see how I feel (I’m predicting I’ll feel great, health-wise) and if it helps end my weight loss plateau.

I’ve wondered in the past if my alcohol consumption has been problematic but in the sense of “huh, that wasn’t a great choice I made while drinking and should probably evaluate this.” So I think it’s a good idea to give my liver a break, enjoy sober fun, and hopefully lose a few pounds this month.

I’m now noticing how incredibly uncomfortable this is to explain to people. I’m 24 and friends with a lot of young people who center social activities around happy hours, birthdays at bars, pregames, tailgates.... etc. So as I’m making plans for the weekend, I’m creating contingency plans for explaining (or almost lying ???) to people why I’m not drinking. My close friends support me unconditionally in my weight loss and sobriety, but acquaintances get uncomfortable and think that I’m judging their drinking (I’m not - live ur life).

Any other people having difficulty with this? Tips for ways to defer awkwardness? I’m planning on taking a pack of seltzer (la croix obv) and drinking that so I have something in my hand and hope that works?!

submitted by /u/lacroixlavie
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2N217NV

No comments:

Post a Comment