Friday, February 8, 2019

The more you know.

The below is a copy of a comment I gave to someone from another sub. I am just throwing it out there because I don't believe that there is one perfect way to lose weight and for those folks that are lost at how to start or what to do...this is just the manner that worked for me.

The person was asking for a beginner's guide to Intermittent Fasting - and my response.

"I researched a lot before I started. Lot of sites about IF , and that led to autophagy ( 2016 nobel prize in biology was awarded for a study on this ), all about insulin and fasting and the effects of low insulin levels with respect to elevated HGH production and enhanced autophagy. Watched different vids from Dr Fung and if you want a laugh search for IF vids from the hodge twins. I researched fasted workouts. Fasting and longevity...etc...everything ran off to tangents and led to other things.

After all that - when I started I decided to eat low glycemic since it is all about insulin levels ( keeping them low ) and that seemed a perfect fit for IF.

I would recommend ( if you want to maximize your results )...start slow with 16/8 and slowly build your fasting window out.

THe first month is the worst - it will get easier.

stay off the scale as much as you can - water weight will be all over the place and it will drive you crazy. The fat loss really picks up once you get your fasting hours past 20 hours.

Insulin levels and glycogen drop low enough after 12 hours that you start accessing fat - so a 16/8 window gives you about 4 hours of fat burn,

If you exercise - try to do it at the end of your fasting window...hgh levels have been ramping up every hour you are in a fasted state and you want to take advantage of that.

If life interrupts and you cant do it for a day or so ...don't sweat it ...just get back on it once your routine normalizes.

I am a firm believer in the clean fast...artificial sweetners may cause an insulin response and break the fast. Only water, black coffee or plain green tea for best results during your fasting window.

What you eat is up to you ---the healthier choices the better but focus on a dietary style you can sustain long term. Eat at a calorie deficit - the body will make up the missing calories from fat and not have to touch your metabolism - slow it down due to less energy coming in.

DONT TELL ANYONE YOU ARE FASTING. - not until you have a handle on it...too many well meaning, ignortant folks will try to save you from killing yourself.

I am 55...heavy and soft all my life...I crushed this and am still stunned at the results.

Have been in maintenance since June and it has been easy to maintain this weight loss.

Have been doing IF for 14 months - I have been in perfect health that entire time..not even a headache...the biggest benefit to fasting is the immune system boost.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OverFifty/comments/a6sj04/new_years_resolutions/

submitted by /u/Jobijuanfaster
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MWz7ex

No comments:

Post a Comment