Sunday, February 3, 2019

The weight’s coming off but my self-esteem is still on the floor.

So I’ve gone from my absolute highest of 17 stone (about a year ago) to 16 stone last June when I actively started trying to lose weight, to a current weight of 12 stone.

I’m not there at my goal weight yet, but 1.5 stone off. I’m fitting into clothes I haven’t worn for years & other people are starting to notice the weight loss, which is encouraging.

I just still see myself as the 17 stone me. It’s like my mind hasn’t adjusted.

I guess I feel like I can’t be proud because I’m not a healthy BMI yet, I’m not “skinny” yet. I don’t have the body I want yet. I don’t know why I’m so hard on myself, when I know it has & will take time.

I do have these breakthrough moments when I feel like I look okay, but I talk myself out of those pretty quickly.

When will I feel “okay”? Or is there something else I need to do?

submitted by /u/Supslick
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Tu7xb5

No comments:

Post a Comment