Sunday, February 3, 2019

Fitbits calorie burned calculations seem totally out of wack! Anyone had similar issues?

I'm a 5'8, 185lb guy. I'm aiming to lose about 35lbs from where I am right now, and I run quite a lot. I love Fitbit generally, and like to see my deficit calculations for calories as a weight loss aid.

Here's my beef: today I ran 25km, that's basically all I've done all day beside a little bit of cooking. I've basically been in the bath tub or in bed for like the entire day.

My Fitbit thinks I've burned over 7000 calories today. Strava thinks I burned 2600ish on my run.

I feel like this is a totally unrealistic estimate. Surely, even based on A slightly elevated HR from dehydration, there's no way I could have burned 7000 calories when literally the ONLY thing I've done today is do one big 3.5 hour run...

Does anyone know how realistic this is? Is Fitbits estimate totally out and should be completely disregarded?

submitted by /u/hikesnhalfmarathons
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2t5fasO

No comments:

Post a Comment