Sunday, February 3, 2019

Tips for staying full on 1500 calories?

I’m normally a fan of eating as much as you can get away with and staying as active as possible, because that’s an enjoyable and painless way to lose weight. I did it that way years ago, and kept it off until recently. Suited me, because I’ve always had a big appetite, and hard cardio both curbed it and gave me a buffer.

After fours years maintaining, I regained it (multiple injuries; new relationship)

I now want to lose at a quicker rate (1-2 lbs a week) because knee pain is making me miserable, and weight loss is the best thing for it. (Will need a knee replacement, but am holding off on that as long as poss.)

I can’t do intense cardio anymore, and don’t have that appetite suppressing help. (Also can’t do lower body lifting.)

So I have to find a way to do this with food alone. I want to stick to 1500 calories. (Have never eaten less than 1800, and as I say that was fine, recommend it to others who can wait a bit, I actually lost 60 lbs that way and didn’t bat an eyelash.)

What are your tips for managing hunger?

I’m eating lean protein and high-fiber carbs, and watching fats. Not drinking my calories. Taking a fiber supplement for other reasons (TMI) and that is helping somewhat, weirdly. This is getting me to 1800. I want to shave 300 off that.

What little tricks do you use to get those calories down and feel full? (Apart from “getting used to hunger and ignoring it” because that 100% doesn’t work for me. Can’t sleep, can’t focus, can’t function, nope nope nope)

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Pigeonofthesea8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2MRSzZW

No comments:

Post a Comment