Saturday, February 9, 2019

Weight loss goal met

39/m, 5’8”, SW: 257 lbs, GW: 185 lbs, CW: 184 lbs, new GW: 170 lbs

I have officially met the 72 lb weight loss goal I set last May, with 73 lbs lost in 8 months 13 days. It was a fairly arbitrary goal but one I decided I could be satisfied with.

I did not adhere to any special diet other than tracking my calories and making better food choices whenever possible. I allowed myself to eat plenty of things I enjoyed when I was obese but always made sure to plan other food choices around them to stay within my limits.

My first 3 months of exercise consisted of pretty much nothing but a whole lot of walking. In the beginning my knees would be hot and swollen after a 2-3 mile walk. After shedding my first 40 lbs I began jogging and quickly worked up to running. I began doing timed 5K runs last October and also began hiking and cycling around the same time, although those are on hold for winter. I also spend plenty of time lifting weights as there has been a lot of toning needed even after losing 70+ lbs.

In terms of health, the difference is pretty incredible. I began with borderline high blood pressure and am now at 110/62 (a short time after a run, no less). My resting heart rate is below 60 and I can run a <26 minute 5K with an average heart rate around 160 bpm.

My waist measurement has shrunken from 46” to 34” and my shirt size is down from 2/3XL to M/L. I love my new wardrobe and enjoy being able to shop anywhere I want.

To those of you just starting your journeys or struggling to get back on track, keep it up. It’s worth it.

submitted by /u/nomorelegalese
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2DnVk0A

No comments:

Post a Comment