Sunday, March 17, 2019

10kgs lighter! But an unflattering photo dropped a 10kg stone on my heart...

I'm a 5'6" (166cm) female that weighs 194lbs (88kg). I started my journey in December and I have been working hard towards my goal of 135lbs.

Today I am 10kgs lighter than I was in December. I'm proud of myself for sticking to my diet and I notice my weight loss in my clothes and face. I've even been more active and changed my eating habits as well as got sober from alcohol (I was a binge drinker). I've been feeling really proud of myself recently. I plan on continuing my journey until I reach my goal of 135lbs.

I felt really good but....today someone took an unflattering picture of me and now I feel crushed. I know I'm nowhere near done and I look better now than I did in December but I put a lot of effort into the last few months and seeing that picture made me feel like I'm not doing enough. It made me wince. I still feel motivated to change, but I'm a little hurt that I don't look as good as I thought I did. Maybe it's that I know how much effort I've put into losing weight but the me in the photo can't tell that story by itself.

Anyone else feel disheartened while looking at "tagged" images of themselves? How do I change my mindset?

submitted by /u/ExoticTerm
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JjR5cP

No comments:

Post a Comment