Sunday, March 17, 2019

The Difficulties of Not Losing for Yourself

I’m an athlete. Or... well, I’m meant to be an athlete. My point is, I wrestle professionally and, in doing this, there’s often an extreme pressure to look your very best. In saying this, I don’t feel as though any of my recent weight loss attempts have been because I want to be healthier. I’ve always felt they were out of spite, or because I wanted to look better than someone else. This makes any idea of a “treat day” difficult on me. In the past, treat days would often turn into two treat days, which would turn into treat weeks and so on. All of this would lead to a terrible internalized guilt for not doing as well as I should be, and for letting down all of my friends because I’m not doing very good on my weight loss journey. It’s difficult. Are there any ways to change this mentality?

submitted by /u/BootlegPageant
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2W4IVq7

No comments:

Post a Comment