Tuesday, March 12, 2019

26lb down, 26lb to go! any tips for plateauing?

after about five months of intense 1200-1400 a day calorie counting, i ended up binging for a week, feeling so burnt out after plateauing for a month. i’m also struggling with my chronic illness, so i felt i couldn’t keep up anymore. i hopped on the scale, and somehow my weight dropped significantly! i don’t know how it happened, but i’m so happy to be just about half way through my journey.

i’ve never accomplished much, and i’m someone who has a ton of anxiety and depression. if you had told me 5 months ago that i could go from 5”8 191lb to being around 140-130lbs in less than a year, i would’ve cackled. but it just might happen. i’ll be so happy in my body, and so much more healthier. and i haven’t stopped eating the foods i enjoy either! i never have anything to celebrate over, so trust me when i say this excitement isn’t unwarranted.

so, how do you all push through your plateau periods? as i get closer to my goal weight, the loss becomes slower and slower as i get closer to my TDEE. even if i eat at a huge deficit, i feel like it could take me years to get to my goal. i’ve accepted that it may take longer than 5 months to hit my goal, but i’d rather get it over with sooner rather than later. do you just ride it out? is there some mystical weight loss advice i’m missing on how to break these instances? any help is appreciated. i suppose it might be healthy to take the last half of weight loss slower, to allow my body to kind of bounce back. i’m still fairly young so i hope i don’t experience too much sag, as i’d never be able to surgically remove it.

submitted by /u/girlalien
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VWUOP0

No comments:

Post a Comment