Monday, March 4, 2019

Best ways to get into resistance training?

I just went onto a major binge this last week and feel like absolute trash. I've been mainly doing cardio exercises and some weight lifting for exercise, yet have been reading about resistance training. Apparently its better for weight loss.

Over last year and a bit I've lost like 25kg+ yet then gain then lose several kgs. I still need to lose a lot of weight. Where I am my workplace provides a free gym and usually at work I'm on my feet most of the time, however its usually on my days off I fuck up.

I've never been diagnosed but I don't doubt I have some type of binge eating disorder, especially now that I'm getting therapy for childhood trauma where afterwards I go into grazing sessions.

When I get back to work I really need to get back into routine. Generally I work morning shifts from 130am to 11am yet I was getting up at roughly 11:30pm/12am to exercise for an hour before work. Cardio I'm fine with, lower body exercises I'm fine with, but upper body exercises like push ups, pull ups, etc really hurt my arms/shoulders which I need to function normally for work. When my shoulders and arms get sore I have to move like a robot to lift things. Meanwhile I cannot for the life of me perform squats properly.

I wanted to attend the gym classes yet I'm usuallu sleeping or working when they're on. I'm also starting studying for the year so I have even less time to do stuff. I'm aiming for atleast 1 hour of exercise before or after work.

submitted by /u/Didgeridont_m8
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SJhTmh

No comments:

Post a Comment