Monday, March 11, 2019

Calorie intake for fat-loss and combatting workout fatigue (Body Fat Composition pictures inside)

Just needing some advice, as despite a fair bit of research and reading, I am still a bit confused on what stage I should be focusing on - weight loss/building muscle, as I am not sure if I should be eating a decent deficit, closer to maintenance or at a surplus. Between October 2018 and Jan 2019 I took my casual gym-sometimes attitude towards fitness seriously and dropped from 96kg to 84.8kg, which has made me feel great, and was done by logging religiously using MFP and hitting the gym 3-4x a week. Unfortunately I still have a bit of fat in places I obviously do not want fat, especially abdominally, but am feeling a lot stronger and noticed some strength progress. I have recently moved country and have a lot more time to focus on my health, and want to really set the course for the body I want, as I have finally gotten around to organising a gym membership.

Q1: Looking at the body composition scan below - to achieve reducing all this upper body fat, how am I best to aim my eating? I am currently eating 1500cal whilst Intermittent Fasting (8:16) which I am quite enjoying, but do not feel like I am getting enough food- is bumping up to 1800cal whilst strength training at my current body fat a good idea, or will this just hinder fat loss? I am riding a bike around 6-8km a day getting to and from work (Europe), so I do not really do cardio at the gym anymore.

Q2: I am currently training Back/Triceps, Chest/Biceps, Legs on a 3 (sometimes 4 for core) day split, however I am finding I am becoming quite fatigued quite quickly, and am certainly not completing full 8-10reps per set by the end of the routine, despite preworkout or caffeine prior - would this possibly due to not enough calories?

Body Composition Scan Pic

Gender: Male

Age: 22

Weight: 84.8kg (187lb)

Height: 183cm (6ft0in)

Approx Body Fat: 24-26%

Calorie Intake: 1500cal logged via MFP and portions weighed during meal prep (Lots of chicken, tuna, brown rice, broccoli, greek yoghurt, occasional store-brought salad if I haven't gone grocery shopping)

Macros: 50P/30C/20F

Any help is appreciated - this is just a question I have had for a while and cannot seem to have it answered through research.

submitted by /u/AverageAussieGunner
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HrhFhv

No comments:

Post a Comment