Friday, March 15, 2019

Considering a maintenance break for the first time in my journey

I’ve been losing hardcore for about ten months now, and thinking about and researching it for about a year before that. I’ve figured out how to make do on 1200-1400 calories per day, I’ve figured out how to deal with social events, and I’ve transformed my relationship with my body, with food, and with how I present myself to the world. I’ve gotten really good at meal prep and made changes that I genuinely want to maintain for the rest of my life.

But right now, I’m exhausted and frustrated. I’m burnt out, both with weight loss and in several other areas of my life. I’m working nearly constant 14-18 hour days and not getting nearly enough sleep, and there’s not a break in the horizon until May. I’ve been struggling with my deficit for the past two weeks, and I’m starting to think that maybe it won’t just pass this time. So I’m considering consciously eating at maintenance for about a month.

I’ve been reading through posts here from people, and most people say that a maintenance break helped reset them and their motivation. I’m fighting the voice in my head that’s telling me that stopping my deficit is a failure, as if the 75 lbs I’ve lost in the past ten months isn’t a victory in and of itself. I fully intend to keep logging, keep weighing in, and to stay connected here and in other places I’ve found motivation - I just think that this season of my life might not be conducive to weight loss, and I think that’s going to have to be okay.

So tell me about your tips and tricks for taking a maintenance break, and what surprised you about it. Hell, tell me if you think this is a huge mistake that I’m making.

Part of what I’ve learned through this experience is how important it is to listen to my body, and I feel like this is what it’s telling me I need to do.

submitted by /u/Monstersofusall
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ucx7q2

No comments:

Post a Comment