Friday, March 15, 2019

(NSV) My old bridesmaid dress fell off of me.

I had gotten a bridesmaid dress in 2014 for my stepmother's wedding. It was a size 22 that had to be taken out...a lot.

I could've sworn that previous to this, I haven't lost any sizes. I put the dress on and it literally slid off of me. The dress was a huge source of stress for me. My stepmother literally screamed at me in David's Bridal about me sabotaging her wedding because I wasn't losing weight for it. I cried in the dressing room. Every time I EVER went shopping with her, I ended up crying in the dressing room. I hated every minute of the wedding prep. There ended up being only three pictures of me at the wedding because of how unhappy my parents were with my weight. My stepmother made sure they didn't take pictures of me.

It feels good to know such a dark time in my life is behind me. I wanted to cry when I put the dress on again...but for a totally different reason. When I took it out of my closet I thought, "I bet it's not that loose, I could probably get it taken in a little." Despite my near 100 pounds of weight loss since it was on me last...There is no way the dress is salvageable. The funny part? It's an ugly dress.

I tried on some other "nice" dresses I have in my closet and none of them fit. I can't wait to pack them up and donate them. Goodbye, size 22 dresses. Lets never meet again.

submitted by /u/BabyGirlR
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TI90P9

No comments:

Post a Comment