Friday, March 1, 2019

Final goal troubles and figuring out a goal weight after super morbid obesity

My only goal when I first began my weight loss journey was "stop eating myself to death." I'm far beyond that goal now as I no longer abuse my body with food and haven't binged in months. Other goals involved things like not waking up choking for breath, walking without getting winded, being able to shop in a regular store's plus size section, and fitting in the bathtub again. When I recommitted to my weight loss after my Dad died, I had a highly motivating goal of becoming eligible to be a potential bone marrow donor. Another goal was to fit fine on a plane without an extender (and start traveling again). Check, check, check. My current weight isn't holding me back from doing anything (I want to do) now, so I can't come up with anything else meaningful or life improving. I just recently hit the last goal I had which was to lose half of my body weight. I erased it from my board and now the bottom of my board where I write my current goal is blank. The general goal of my entire journey is to be a permanently active person with a healthy relationship with food. I will always actively work on that until the day I die. But I'm still obese. I still need to lose more weight. I want to lose more weight.

Is it time for me to figure out a goal weight? Will I find motivation in it after focusing on life improvement rather than weight and numbers? I have never had a goal weight in mind because I wasn't sure what would be realistic and sustainable for me as a formerly 440+ pound person. Plus, I don't know how to come up with one in consideration of the weight of my excess skin. I've been told it would only be a few pounds but I recently read about people who got 15 and 20 pounds of skin removed, respectively. Would it be worth my while to get a DEXA scan to help figure out a reasonable goal weight?

submitted by /u/astraennui
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2EGfEfI

No comments:

Post a Comment