Friday, March 8, 2019

Finally confident enough to post my progress

Hello reddit!

The mandatory progress pic :)

My name is Dan and this is kind of a hard thing to do for me. It's been quite a ride in terms of self steam, but here I am, ready to finally being one of those "long time lurkers, first time posters" :). A couple of years ago, at my very first job, I experienced a really bad time, a horrible superior, a job I did not love... family stuff also, too many things. Along with all that stress, I started eating horrible (not that I was eating any better before, but I did not know best...).

After watching the scale go up and up and up... My SO and myself started a weight loss journey that nowadays, 5 years after, it continues...

We tried so much stuff, we found so much things that did not went well for us. For example, for us, counting calories was a no-no, it just obsessed us, make us feel so guilty about what we eat and when... We took that approach when we were not so """""wise""""" about nutrition or sports... So we had to let that one go just for our own sanity. I'm not saying it is not working, it obviously does, we did lost some weight, but for us, it was not working all the way, we were not comfortable.

After years and years... a lot of learning, a hard month cutting cold turkey processed food so we could feel real hunger again, learnt to listen our bodies, what kind of real food they wanted, when they were really hungry, when they were emotionally hungry, start coping with out emotions... oh boy, what a ride. Now we eat much less processed food, we try to eat as good as we can without getting obsessed with one night of pizza from time to time.

All that ride, plus starting to exercise in a hardcore way (my SO before, I was just a coach potato) during the last "almost" a year, let us get in better shape and really tear down that fat in favor of muscle.

I just realized, this post was going to be just for me, but I couldn't be here without her and I just ended up writing about us.

I don't really have numbers, after all that stuff with our little problem counting calories, I just stopped measuring and I trusted the clothing, what I see and what I felt, sorry about that part.

I finally feel confident enough to share this here, with all of you, your post, stories and motivations really helped me all the way.

Thanks :)

submitted by /u/dansirak
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NStwGl

No comments:

Post a Comment