Sunday, March 10, 2019

I did the gym on a Sunday!

So last weekend I took the next step in my weight loss journey and joined my local gym. Being 6 weeks in and 5kg down, it felt like the next logical step. I struggle with back pain so my training plan is very core-oriented for the next few weeks to get my stability up before I start lifting. I've done two sessions already and I'm really enjoying it,

Anyway, I got up this morning and thought about going to the gym. Immediately my mind started doing that thing where it tries to talk me out of it.

"Oh, it's Sunday, relax!" or "You've only just got up, what if you're too tired?" etc etc.

Instead of listening to it, I just went. I threw on my gym gear and just went.

Within 60 seconds of arriving, I was on the recline bike with my blood pumping, heart rate up and feeling amazing. What followed was an awesome work out that I feel super proud of doing. I still get to sit and watch TV, I still get to spend some time with my family, I just get to do that AFTER a work out.

The psychological thing is a huge deal, and I think you've got to acknowledge it and understand it, at least I do anyway.

So, self-care Sunday's now include gym, because working out is literally self-care.

Just wanted to share.

submitted by /u/Neverbethesky
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VOA8Zg

No comments:

Post a Comment