Saturday, March 16, 2019

"I forgive myself for being fat"

Last week at my spin class the instructor turned on a inspirational song, turned the lights down low, and talked serious motivation. About halfway through the song trying to internalize her words, and seemingly out of nowhere, I heard my own voice in my head say, "I forgive myself for being fat". It was a huge moment for me. The rest of my ride passed in a slight daze, and I pondered if it was really a thing that can happen. Can I really forgive myself for being fat? For not focusing on my health? For prioritizing my kids and husband over myself? Maybe? For someone with major body issues, and a lifetime of being a sexual harrassment victim and some other health struggles. The idea of forgiving myself is still sinking in.

Today, heading off to spin class I saw myself in the mirror and saw the potential in my body. I wasn't so disappointed at myself for not being able to stay long standing on the bike, but instead found myself happy that I got up more than I ever had before. While I am still the worst in the class, I am making slow progress - my shaky quads can testify to that.

Still learning that this weight loss journey is as much mental as it is physical. Breaking my mental barriers is just as hard, if not harder than breaking bad habits and forming new ones.

Has anyone else had this feeling?

submitted by /u/FluteMomma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TF1DYM

No comments:

Post a Comment