Saturday, March 16, 2019

Starting the gym after ankle surgery

Hi! First time poster here with a few questions on how to effectively use gym equipment for weight loss. Also apologies for any formatting mishaps I’m on mobile

Last year I broke my leg and I required surgery to put it all back together and put a metal plate in it and all that good stuff. I’ve finished PT and I’m back to using it normally in day to day life but I’m super unhappy with my weight at the moment and I’d like to start going to the gym to help me lose some weight and build up muscles!

Do any of you have advice or experience in how to effectively lose weight with things like cardio without using a treadmill? I’m quite a heavy guy and walking for long stints of time eventually makes my ankle uncomfortable, I’m happy to ask gym staff for advice but I’d like to get clued up beforehand so I have a decent idea of what to do before getting into it.

I should be fine with building upper body strength with weightlifting etc. however my main theory is Ill struggle to use a treadmill for another few months while my ankle fully heals and I really just don’t want to put too much pressure on it as all of my fat (power!!) has me scared to do any damage.

Thanks in advance for any insights you lot can give me, let’s get that shred!

submitted by /u/wlshh
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HqVsAN

No comments:

Post a Comment