Thursday, March 14, 2019

I gained 5 pounds in 4 days and I am super upset

4 days ago I was celebrating my lowest weight and my weight loss of 20 pounds. In the same day, my father had a severe stroke and was immediately hospitalized. We have been with him in the ICU for the past 4 days worried about his health.

The stress that overcame me was unreal. I found myself eating everything in site to calm down. In one day I had 12 snickers bars and 5 cups of coffee. My family and I are taking shifts staying with my dad so my sleep has become messed up and sometimes I only have 5 hours a sleep a day. I have no time to exercise and my thoughts and worries are all for my dad right now. It is scary to see how much my body has changed in this week: my face is puffed up from the lack of sleep, I have 2 new pimples, my body feels weak and broken, and my mental state seems dull. I weighed myself today to find myself 5 pounds heavier.

Thankfully the doctor said my dad is improving and within the next 3 days may be well enough to be discharged after he undergoes some sort of procedure. I am happy to hear that but I am worried about the damage I have caused my body during this time and any residual PTSD from what happened to my dad.

How can I slowly care for my body back from this state of shock to its normal routine?

submitted by /u/positiveflower
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HuocIc

No comments:

Post a Comment