Saturday, March 9, 2019

If you're feeling hungry, tired, or ill and don't think you should be, try drinking a glass or two of water. Our bodies can be very bad at signally to us that we're dehydrated and we'll often mistakenly feel like we should eat more or go to sleep instead.

I should start by saying this isn't to recommend water over eating or sleeping when you actually need it. This is more about helping to cut out snacking because you feel hungry, or help with overall energy levels. Please still eat good food and in good amounts and get healthy amounts of sleep.

This was many years ago now that I found this out, but I thought it was worth sharing. I didn't realise how important drinking water was, but I do now.

I used to have a real problem with snacking even though I'd had a good meal not long ago, and it was really impacting my weight loss. I can't even remember how I found out, but I read that our bodies can often not signal that well when we need water.

Turns out this was contributing to my feelings of hunger. Now when I start feeling hungry but I don't think I should be, I make sure I finish my bottle of water and most the time the feeling of hunger goes away. I also find when I start drinking my body natural then wants to drink lots, further confirming my suspicions.

I've been doing this for years now, and to me it still just feels like hunger. But I know better, and try drinking more water as a first step :)

submitted by /u/Lockdude
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2VH0RqG

No comments:

Post a Comment