Sunday, March 10, 2019

I’m scared to go to the gym

I’m just starting my weight loss journey and it’s been rough. I’ve had depression since I was 15 (I’m now 21) and I take medicine that has a side effect of weight gain. I’ve also recently been diagnosed with binge-eating disorder.

I’m 21, 282 pounds, and I know logically I need to change. I need to change for my health and my self-esteem

My boyfriend keeps trying to get me to go to the gym but honestly I’m terrified. He says no one cares about what you look like, they’re just focusing on themselves. But I feel like a beached whale everywhere I go. Even if I know logically people aren’t going to be staring at me because of my size or because I’m a novice, it still makes me panic just thinking about someone commenting or ridiculing me.

But, for him, I’m going to go to my campus’s local gym. I’m going to work out for the first time in months, and I’m going to work out as hard as I physically and mentally can. I need to get better for myself and the people I love. I need to be better.

submitted by /u/katie-kling1123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2u0pVgw

No comments:

Post a Comment