Friday, March 1, 2019

I'm starting today!

Long-time lurker, first-time poster: I'm starting my weight loss journey today!!

I've been meaning to lose weight for a while, but so far have never been able to. For the past few months I've been living in a very unsafe and unhealthy environment, which damaged my mental and physical health, and losing weight was simply not possible at the time. Now I have escaped this situation and fixed the underlying issues, and I'm finally ready to start working on myself!

I'm 18 years old, 165cm (5'5" I think?), and 76.0 kgs (like 160-170lbs?) as of today, which makes me officially overweight. My goal weight is 55kgs (120lbs?), and I'm planning to eat 1200 calories a day and exercise 3-4 times a week (I haven't been able to exercise properly in years due to an injury, severe mental illness, and the aforementioned living situation, so I have to start with light exercise and work my way back up). My wonderful girlfriend, who is very athletic and has never struggled with weight loss in her whole life but who is very supportive of me, my struggles and my goals, has promised to help me in whatever way she can and check up on me from time to time.

I'm looking forward to a journey of self-improvement and learning. I know it will be hard at times, but I'm determined to get better. Wish me luck!

submitted by /u/iamprobablywriting
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2IKzR86

No comments:

Post a Comment