Monday, March 4, 2019

Is walking too much hampering weight loss?

Hey Everyone,

34/M/185-190 lbs.

I've been struggling to get off the last 10-15 pounds. I think it could be from a number of different things but I'm curious if I'm simply doing too much.

I work from home and use a walking treadmill almost everyday. 3 mph for 5 hours which is just at the low end to get the heart rate up. I also suspect that the 3 mph is a bit higher as when I go to the gym, 3.5 mpg seems <= 3 mph at home. In addition to walking I lift 4 days a week and run 3 miles 3 days a week. I'm in great shape health wise but I have that little tire around the stomach that won't go away.

Here is what I'm thinking....

  1. I'm going too fast. I should drop it down to 2.5 mph so it won't be so stressful on the body
  2. Lower the time I walk. 5 hours burns a ton of calories but I could be throwing my body off from the stress

  3. I'm doing fine but it's the diet. 3 is definitely a factor but when I do the math, I'm burning about 1.5k calories a day from walking alone. I can eat half a pizza everyday for 1 meal and I should still be losing weight. I do have wonderful home cooked meals every night and sometimes I suspect it gets near 2k calories. Even so, I'm probably eating 1-1.5k calories throughout the day. That would put me at around 1500 calories a day which should be plenty for dropping weight.

  4. I could simply have a low metabolism. There was a time when I was poor (unemployed and studying for a new career) and on an extreme calorie deficit of 1200 total a day. I'm guessing this could have destroyed my metabolism and I simply need less than a normal person.

Anyway, any insight would be great. I'm obviously dealing with many factors but I'd like to target one area first. This is where y'all can help.

Thank!

submitted by /u/wyattcat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GZyznM

No comments:

Post a Comment