Thursday, March 7, 2019

I've finally gotten to the point where I look forward to working out and miss it if I can't

So I have been lifting weights on and off since I was 14 (22 now). I had a hard time keeping a consistent schedule during college and gained about 30 lbs from my high school weight. The last six weeks or so, I've been decently consistent with hitting up the gym in my building. I try to go 2-3 times a week, nothing crazy but at least consistent. Well, I woke up this last Sunday with a sore throat and stuffy nose and it persisted all week (gotta love when someone in the office gets sick and then everyone does...) I haven't worked out this week and for the first time ever for me, I actually miss it. I'm hoping I feel better by the weekend more so I can workout again than anything else. I don't think I've ever looked forward to working out in my life and it almost feels surreal.

This is giving me a decent amount of hope because I have a horrible time sticking to diet related goals (whether it be counting calories or trying to eliminate certain types of food). But maybe if I can overcome the struggle to enjoy working out, maybe I can stick with a more restricted diet too. I'm taking a break this week from counting calories because the thoughts in my head were not staying super healthy and I don't want to feel obsessed with everything I'm eating and counting and weighing everything. That and it was honestly taking up way too much mental energy to constantly be thinking about what I did eat, what I'm going to eat, and how many calories I'll have left. Maybe I'll get the hang of getting everything going at once, but for now I'm happy to be enjoying exercise.

I wish everyone success on their respective weight loss journeys. I'd love to hear peoples' experiences with getting over humps like this and really breaking through old habits!

submitted by /u/zzaannsebar
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Ury6Oj

No comments:

Post a Comment