Thursday, March 7, 2019

Musings on a 140lb weightloss

Obligatory before and after photo of course ;)

In the last 2 years I've lost 141lbs - or if you're a Brit like me then 10 stone 1lb.

It is still completely mind blowing to me that I have accomplished this, I'm assuming somewhere down the road I will get used to my new body and way of living but right now I still have a whole lot of "what the hell!" moments about it all. So I thought I'd share some of my recent musings about it all!

People will say really weird and inappropriate things to you about your weight loss. The most common ones I've found are "tell me about your loose skin" and "Does your husband find you sexually more attractive now?" and these are from people are hardly know at all so it's not something I'm going to discuss with them!

It cost me a friendship. A very close friend of mine just didn't seem to be able to cope with my changing shape and maybe more importantly my changing mindset. This journey has changed me for sure but I hope not in a bad way. I regret that the friendship ended badly but I don't regret that the negative influence of it is gone from my life.

Things that seem "everyday" to many people are super exciting for me. The other day I sat down on the train and noticed I had excess seat either side of my thighs - woah! When did that happen? When did I not only start taking up just the one seat but not even needing all of it? That's so cool. Also - people sit down next to me on public transport way more frequently now!

The mind takes a looooong time to catch up with the body. I still have trouble remembering I am no longer morbidly obese. Sometimes I catch my reflection in a mirror or a window and do a double take. A few months ago I had an argument with a friend that I couldn't sit in her camping seat because I'd break it. It took her pointing out she weighs the same as me and was sitting in it just fine for me to finally take a seat! It's exciting every time I realise this is what I look like now!

Deciding to take control of my choices, my emotions, my binge eating and my baggage was the best decision I ever made!

submitted by /u/cherryfrangipane
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2SRaRf8

No comments:

Post a Comment