Sunday, March 10, 2019

Now, let me tell you about my mom.

My mum has been struggling with weight all her life. She has been obese for many decades now.

She has an unhealthy relationship with food, like most of us here. I picked up a lot of food habits and associations from her.

She had let herself go in terms of hoping for a better body. Her sugar and blood pressure tests were never high and she used that to say to herself she was healthy.

She had terrible sleep patterns, joint pain, migranes and stamina.

Suddenly, she started playing a sport she liked and noticed some changes in her well being. She channeled her obsessive personality into the exercise. Obscene amounts of exercise everday slowly started the ball rolling.

From 202lb, the pounds SLOWLY started coming off

By then, I had reached my break point(for the second time in my life) and decided If my mum is working so hard , I should too.

I started my weight loss journey for the second time, I followed CICO and lost 37lbs.

Along the way, I learned a lot of easy "hacks".

When my mum asked me for advice. I sincerely gave it to her (I just brush off people with vague things like-exercising more now).

I made her a calorie chart of everything we cook at home.

I helped her with portion sizes.

I buy different protein powders for her.

When she is being harmful to her progress, I gently point it out(eg: It has been so long since I ate X!! But she would have eaten A,B,C recently, so I remind her that maybe X can wait a bit.)

I encourage her to put minimal oil in her cooking as the taste is probably not worth the days to work it off.

I go shopping with her for new clothes.

I tailor her clothes so they fit better on her body.

We celebrate every time she has a SV or a NSV.

I point out often about how she looks a lot healthier and happier now.

She is so much more active ans sleeps better now.

My mum has lost 31 lb ans is frikking 171 lb now with her exercise and eating out less.

I am so fucking proud of her.

I am so happy when she is excited about something she had given up on.

I am so happy when she is happily and excitedly working towards her goal.

To all of you trying to lose weight, and to those of you who have lost weight, I am rooting for you. Keep at it, do it healthily and mindfully, don't give up. :)

<3

submitted by /u/CurlyMope
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F2qnRI

No comments:

Post a Comment