Monday, March 11, 2019

People discouraging you and calling it body positivity.

Is anybody else experiencing this?

I'm finding that people, especially people who are also overweight, will start talking over me when I'm talking about my weight loss with things that are seemingly positive but are actually trying to discourage me from losing weight or calorie counting.

The other day at work I was trying to figure out if I had burnt enough to eat something and my coworker started by saying 'oh just have it' and then when I said that I needed to work out if I could fit if into my calorie goal she started talking about how 'a beach body is a body you take to the beach'.

I am so self conscious about my weight that I didn't wear a swimsuit once last summer because I was so uncomfortable. It was probably the nicest summer I've ever seen. I just want to be happy with my body but so often people tell me to 'love myself' 'listen to my body' 'eat it if you want to' 'wear whatever you like' 'it's okay to be fat' and so on. Often these comments come from self proclaimed body positive overweight people. I don't understand why people make these comments that obviously could derail my journey towards health, and not being overweight!

submitted by /u/peachtea33
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2HpROqg

No comments:

Post a Comment