Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Seeking advice: Stuck in a 5 month plateau 10 lbs from goal!

Stats: F25, 5'3.5", SW: 215, CW: 140, GW: 130

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting and I am hoping to get some advice. I was a chubby kid all my life, the last time I weighed what I do now I was 13. I always thought I couldn't ever be a healthy weight because my dad's side of the family are huge people, tall, large calves, feet, etc. and I have a few of their attributes. When I needed 3 brain surgeries at 19 y/o, my weight ballooned up to 215. I started losing weight about 2 years ago when I had a stomach problem that made it hard to eat. It caused me to lose about 20 lbs but once the problem resolved I wanted to keep the weight loss going. I got a job at a doctors office and they had a weight loss program. I started to mimic the program by doing only meal replacement shakes throughout the day and then eating a healthy dinner. I did that off and on for the past 1 year and that is how I lost the bulk of my weight.

I have been stuck since at 140 since at least November. I can't seem to break out of the 143-140 range. I made a deal with my boss so now there is money involved. The deal is that I have to document my weight loss journey on their Facebook, but once I hit my goal weight they will reimburse everything I have paid for weight loss shakes since I started (which over the past year that's totaled up to around $600). The nutritionist at my office advised me to start replacing the shakes with real food and to start exercising more, specifically more weights than cardio. This is the diet and exercise routine I have been following for the past month approximately and have seen almost no change:

Breakfast (8AM): ~1/3 cup steel cut oats with 1/2 tbsp honey & 1 single serve applesauce

10AM: 1 meal replacement shake

Lunch (12PM): 1/4 almonds, 1 colby jack cheese stick, 12-15 grapes

2PM: 1 meal replacement shake:

4PM: 1 meal replacement shake

Gym (5PM, 4-5 days a week): 20-30 min various weights (arms, legs, abs) with 20 min cardio.

Dinner (6:30PM): "lean & green" (veggies and lean meat like chicken or salmon)

Dessert (7:30PM, 1-2 days a week): 1/2 cup Halo Top ice cream or ~1 cup fruit

On the weekend my sleep schedule is weird so diet schedule gets a little weird too. I usually have a cheat day and either drink wine, get frozen yogurt, or have an unhealthy meal like fries and nuggets (but not all on the same day and I try to go to the gym on the day I do those things). My daily diet is around 1200-1300 calories M-F, with a max of around 1800 on weekends. Is my cheat day enough to really break my diet? I go to bed around 9:30PM M-F so maybe I need to readjust my eating/workout schedule so I'm not eating for more than 2 hours before I go to sleep?

I have no idea what I need to try adjusting because I feel like I have tried a lot of things over the past 4 months I have been stuck and none of it works. I take nutrients and supplements but my weight won't budge. The lowest my weight got was 139 in January. I still have fat on my stomach so I know I have a little more I can lose. At this point I almost want to call off the deal with my boss because I am frustrated with being stuck, so I wanted to see if I could get any tips/advice before I call it quits and just maintain where I'm at.

I really appreciate any replies I get!!! :)

submitted by /u/MissKaliChristine
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2WaBo97

No comments:

Post a Comment