Tuesday, March 19, 2019

How do you deal with weight loss jealousy?

I (23 F 5’ 8’ SW: 185 CW: 145 GW: 135) have lost 40 pounds since June of 2018. I do CICO, but I don’t work out very often. Naturally, my progress has slowed a lot as I get closer to my goal. I’m admittedly very hard on myself. I struggle with body dysmorphia, so it’s nearly impossible for me to see how far I’ve come. However, my friends comment on my progress all the time. It feels good to hear their compliments. One friend in particular is really proud of my weight loss, and says I’ve inspired her to lose weight herself. Well, she’s doing it! She looks great and keeps me very updated on her progress. To be honest, I hate it. I’ve never been a competitive person, but it’s so hard hearing about how she’s lost 3 pounds or whatever in one week, when I’m lucky if I lose .5 per week. Logistically, I know my weight loss is slower because I’m smaller than her and have been doing this for a long time. But I can’t help but feel so jealous! Every time she tells me a SV or NSV, I straight up sulk. She’s been so supportive of me throughout this journey, and I want to do the same for her. Teach me how to be less of a jealous, competitive bitch. Help!

submitted by /u/beanwench
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2TPkErg

No comments:

Post a Comment