Tuesday, March 12, 2019

“Targeting” Fat

Resident Shitty Dieter Here,

Yesterday I read a post about beer belly on r/ExplainLikeImFive and from this answer, https://reddit.com/r/explainlikeimfive/comments/azzxtj/_/eibb8ei/?context=1, I learned about Visceral and Subcutaneous fats.

Early on in my weight loss journey, I learned that it is not possible to target areas to lose fat in, but the opposite is true for muscle growth. Building off this, I was also under the impression that exercise is not as significant as your diet when it comes to fat loss. But after learning about the two types of fats, it seems the above is true only when it comes to Subcutaneous fat. The ELI5 answer and a bunch of google results suggest that exercise is the most effective way to tackle Visceral fat.

The sources I got this information had subjective content mixed in their article, so I’m wary to accept this as the “Truth Until Otherwise ProvenTM”. I’m here to ask the community for a favor and to educate me on the matter.

Regardless of what I learn, for a number of reasons, I still hold firm the belief that changes in other areas such as sleep and diet must be gradually made before it comes to exercise. I’ve also concluded that diet has a greater impact on combined fats when compared to exercise.

What I really want to know if it is possible to target fat loss in area(s) that is dominated by visceral fat while leaving most of the subcutaneous fat alone? I.e., Would a person be able to slim down their belly fat while leaving most of their fat in other areas?

I’d go on a bit more, but I’ve gotta go to work now.

submitted by /u/Shitty_Dieter
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XM5Qbk

No comments:

Post a Comment