Saturday, March 16, 2019

Today is the damn day!!!!!!!

[Day 1] Hello r/loseit world, it’s 12 am where I am and I am making a public pledge on this new day, to all of you lovely people: today is the first day of my weight loss journey!!!!

I just found this thread a couple hours ago and I’ve been reading posts ever since and they’ve got me so pumped. It’s so amazing hearing success stories and people supporting one another.

I’m 21F 5’7” 150 SW and 123 GW. I used to consistently weigh around this weight but over the last few years I ate all my feelings and basically lived on the couch. My mom—my very best friend—was diagnosed with cancer in 2015 and passed away last year. It really messed me up and I’ve had a lot of trouble taking care of myself.

It’s getting warm where I am and I put on shorts a couple of days ago and cried at how different I am looking. I ended up changing into jeans and a turtleneck and I sweat all day long just so that I could cover up my body.

Over the last few years I have lost all sight of my health and what my slowly acquired bad habits have amounted to.

Knowing I wasn’t active enough, I joined a gym last month and I go 3x a week but I don’t do anything outside of that and my diet can be real trash sometimes (yesterday had a whole bag of chips, two chocolate croissants, three granola bars, milkshake and a ‘potle burrito, OY).

This thread has got me really inspired and on top of the crying incident the other day, I think I’ve finally had enough. It’s time to take the reins again and live the life I want... which includes confidence while wearing shorts. I know my mom would have wanted this for me, she was so sick toward the end I took off college to take care of her. Now, she would be happy to see I’m taking care of myself.

I know it’s gonna be a hell of a lot of work but I’m excited to change. Here’s to all of us!!!!

submitted by /u/ayounggrasshopper
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2ULimGp

No comments:

Post a Comment