Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weight Loss Plateau (F 5'6 173)

Hey guys,

I started my weight loss journey in July/August of 2017. Since then I have gone from 224.6 lbs to 173 lbs ( the least I've weighed is 167 lbs). I hit 173 back in September and since then I have been fluctuating from 168-174, staying mostly around 173 ish.

My weight loss was pretty steady until this past September, where I lost 50 ish pounds in about 15 months. But since then I have hit a major plateau and am not making any progress. I know I have lost focus (my eating hasn't been as great) and I haven't been working out as much as I have historically. I feel physically not as healthy as I have previously, even though I know that I am at the fittest I have been in quite some time. I have started to track my food again which is great, but I really wanna get back on track and feel motivated and really KILL it in the gym. When I kill my workouts I feel more inclined to eat better, it's just a cycle. And I know if I begin to see progress I will feel better and more inclined to stick with it. I know patient and consistency is key, but I am looking for a bit of advice. I was trying to change up my workouts because I thought maybe my body has sort of adjusted to what I've been doing, so I am looking for some advice from anyone who has been here before.

I have been primarily doing cardio 3 times a week, twice being longer 45-1 hour long runs and the other time being HIIT, or shorter warm ups along with 2-3 weight lifting sessions a week. I have been using guides that switch up my lifting routines monthly, so I am not doing the same lifting exercises every month, but still with that I felt as though I had plateaued. I thought maybe I should focus more on some resistance type training, so this last week I was trying the Kayla Itisnes BBG guide, but I don't love it. Honestly, I hate it. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of things they had done that helped them get through a plateau? I was thinking maybe of doing lower reps much higher weights? Right now I'm doing approximately 11 different weight lifting exercises per body group (ie legs, abs/arms, chest/back) with about 10-15 reps and 3 sets of each exercise. I was thinking maybe if I lifted much heavier, and did 3 sets of 6 reps instead maybe that would shock my body a bit?

Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!! I really want to get back on track not so much for the weight loss but because I want to feel healthy and strong again. Thank you guys so much in advance

submitted by /u/mlmjb
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2UdsEP7

No comments:

Post a Comment