Sunday, March 3, 2019

Unexpected Weight Loss Issues

So I’ve lost just about 45lbs since last year and I’m down from 209lbs to almost 164lbs at 5ft3in, 35 y.o female. My weight loss journey has been incredible and I can’t believe I actually made it this far, but I’d like to talk about the unexpected draw backs of losing weight that I never really anticipated or thought about.

  1. My anxiety increased: I see and feel people both male and female treat me differently. I used to be comfortable in my invisibility, but now I see first hand how people treat me better, flirt with me, and treat me with more respect. Most of the time it feels disingenuous and I feel anxious because people who would have never given me the time of day before are now taking to me and being nice to me.

At the same time I can feel the shift in how some of my female friends and colleagues treat me. It’s almost like an imperceptible shift and I notice that a few of my female friends don’t want to hang out anymore. It’s like an invisible competition that I’ve been entered into that I don’t want to participate in, but I have to because everyone around me is making me do it. In a few cases some of my girlfriends’ spouses and boyfriends have made comments on how much weight I’ve lost and I’ve caught side eye from some of my friends when they say this, it makes me very uncomfortable because I don’t want attention from their guys - even harmless attention. I don’t want attention, I just want to be invisible like I was before.

  1. The expense: I’ve spent a fortune on clothes, bras, etc.

  2. Happiness: I thought losing weight would make me happy and to a certain extent it does, but I’ve still got the same demons and the same issues. I’m coming to the realization that I’m still depressed and I still need to take my meds and that no amount of exercise or losing weight will change that. If anything, I feel more depressed now than I was before because now I don’t have my weight to hide behind and blame for my depression.

  3. Cold: I’m cold all the freaking time.

  4. Aches and pains: It’s hard for me to sleep now, I wake up with back aches and my exercise regimen makes my knees hurt all the time.

  5. My breasts: I went from a 38D to a 34B. My breasts sag from all the weight lost and I don’t like how they look anymore.

These are just a few things that I’ve been thinking about recently that I feel a lot of people don’t realize fully when losing weight. I knew that a few of these things would happen, but some of it really surprised me and threw me for a loop and some of it I didn’t expect at all.

submitted by /u/the_dirty_weasel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Hc40ea

No comments:

Post a Comment