Saturday, March 9, 2019

Why is the truth so demotivating? (Might be a bit TMI)

Tldr; Weight loss is hard when the "beauty" surgery you need/want, you have practically no control over.

SW 217lbs CW 201lbs, 5'7". Goal for surgery: 190, or less. Then, more to lose after that, when I can properly excercise.

I am a big chested lady. (36 I or J), basicaly watermelons. (I wont rant about back pain or sexual harassment here, that's for another forum).

Before my weight loss, I went to the highest rated plastic surgeon in the area. He told me that they couldn't operate unless my BMI was under 30. I totally understand. So off to the normal doc for weight loss help.

She's been very helpful, getting me access to resources, motivation, etc. And it is working.

So what's frustrating?

If I pay the plastic surgeron the $7k he can only take the breats so far in before there is a risk of nipple death (read about 2 cup sizes, still an F+). If I go through insurance for the surgery using back pain as justification, I have little to no say in my final size, insurance decides it all because then it's a health procedure, not a beauty one.

What is the point of losing weight when I get practically no say in my body in the long run? internal rage starting to leak out

(Yes, I will keep going for health reasons, I'm not totally wrecked. But seriously the more weight I lose , the more breast size comments I get, again. Its like being fat made them less noticeable. I also appreciate the forthrightness and honesty about expectations with the surgeon, I have no ill will toward him. Just a frustrating situation.)

submitted by /u/FluteMomma
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2H9wmXa

No comments:

Post a Comment