Monday, March 11, 2019

Y’know what? I’m liking this trend going on, let me tell you about my mom too.

So first off I’d like to preface this post by saying my mom is amazing, and I love her more than anything.

Now onto the other stuff. I’ve always been a larger kid for my age (think 80th percentile height but 95th percentile+ for my weight from ages 5-16). Everyone in my family has always teased or made jokes about my weight, but never my mom. She had a genuine concern for me always. About 2 years ago she had a severe health scare, eventually going to the hospital. She’s 5’ 8” and was at ~160lbs. She found out she had a genetic thyroid issue and decided that as soon as she was back on her feet something needed to change.

Over the next year and a half, at 54 years young, she lost 60lbs. She quit soda cold turkey (something I’m currently doing gradually and still struggling) and started CICO with Lose It! For 2 years she has been a saint about not drinking ANY soda ever while it was right there in the house for me to drink. Her health issues have all but disappeared except for the thyroid problem. She has so much more energy and is able to keep up with me again.

So when I decided in January that I wanted to lose my weight, I went to her first. She helped me through everything and is still helping and encouraging me now. She’s the best weight loss partner I could have asked for and even though she may not see this, I felt that all of you should know that you’re never alone in your journey.

Good luck to everyone out there! No matter how hard it may seem, I believe in you, nothing is impossible! One of my high school nicknames is Chubby, and I’m shedding that title with this community and my wonderful mother to help me out.

Thank you for coming to my TED Talk.

submitted by /u/Sluggersully
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2F8uWKt

No comments:

Post a Comment