Wednesday, March 13, 2019

You would never call someone to big....At least not to their face

Hey guys. So I started my weight loss journey last may. I was a 6'4 310 lb male. At first I would get a lot of compliments on how good I looked and how proud eberyone was of me. I was eating it up and it motivated me even more. It was a huge confidence boost. Fast forward a few months down the road, right around the 230 lb mark, is when people started making small comments here and there about how "too" skinny I was getting. I was confused because I knew people as tall or taller than me who weighed a lot less than 230 and nobody batted an eye about their weight. I brushed it off and continued on to my goal weight. I'm now 185 lb. Of course the comments have gotten ALOT worse. "You're skin and bones, you definitely don't want to lose anymore weight, RIGHT?!? Youre starting to look anorexic, etc. " 185 is in the perfectly healthy range for my height and I by no means look crazy skinny..skinnier than when I started , but by no means unhealthy. Why do people think its ok to comment on another's body when they think they're too skinny which can be just as hurtful as saying someone is too fat? People don't realize how detrimental to someone's confidence and self image comments like those can be especially to someone who has been struggling with weight most if their life.

submitted by /u/Flgyuy157
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2CljadQ

No comments:

Post a Comment