Saturday, May 4, 2019

1 year to change my lifestyle

19F/5'7"/SW:229lbs/CW:222/GW:150lbs (my goal is to lose around 70lbs in 1-2 years)

I'm currently a 19 y/o university student, living on my own during weekdays and at home on most weekends and holidays. I've always had issues with my weight growing up- (the heaviest I remember reading on the scales was 17st) living with obese parents who rarely cooked healthy meals and often ordered takeaways certainly didn't help, and gave me extremely bad eating habits. I grew up depressed, anxious and bullied but with no real motivation to lose weight. Now however, I have a goal. I want to volunteer in South Korea next summer for 6 weeks. Before then, I want to get to the healthiest weight I can be- something I have never really achieved in my life- to make the most out of my trip. I'm also considering teaching in South Korea after I graduate, so I definitely want to be fit and healthy before then.

Last week I downloaded several diet, exercise and fasting apps- mainly MyFitnessPal, Zero and C25K and have been lurking on different Reddit communities to help me achieve this. During the week I started intermittent fasting (20:4) which often led to me eating OMAD (I made sure this meal met my minimum calories but was still healthy). I went from 16st 5 to 15st 12 in almost a week. However, I have found it much harder when I go home for weekends- I don't snack like I used to (if I do snack, I only eat a handful of almonds or fruit per day) and I don't really eat breakfast or lunch anymore in an attempt to maintain my 20:40 fast however my parents still have bad eating habits- the portion sizes are too big and very calorific with a severe lack of non-processed vegetables, or they just order a takeaway. I don't want to eat the food they order/"cook" but I don't know how to tell them. My family raised me to "finish what's on your plate" which has been the main issue in my weight gain over the years. I'm embarrassed to tell them about my weight loss because they'd tell me it's not healthy to skip meals etc and I recently bought a step tracker that my brother already mocked me for which is demotivating in itself.

Has anyone been in a similar situation that can offer help/advice/motivation? I would really appreciate it.

submitted by /u/sorry-apple
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2VGJ9ay

No comments:

Post a Comment