Sunday, May 12, 2019

35 pounds down in 8 months - slow but steady

Been feeling great about my weight loss lately, as I (F/22) went from 192 lbs to 157 lbs in a 7 month period. Now that the change is much more noticeable, family and friends have been asking what the secret was or what I started doing differently. But when I thought about it, the truth was I had been doing the same exact small things since October, and little by little, this become the big, different thing. Essentially, the weight came off through an increase in exercise and a decrease in overall consumption, but I'm also proud of the lifestyle changes I've been able to build in that time period. I've adopted meal prepping into my ritual, eat out and drink less, and trained for a half marathon. But ultimately, there was no secret, no different thing - I'm happy that instead of drastically cutting out things out of my diet or jumping on a fad, I learned to treat food differently and have learned that it's not the single ice cream cone that ruins you, or the Big Mac at McDonald's - it's those things in excess. Maybe this seems obvious, but posting in case anyone out there hasn't thought of it in this same way. I've always had a poor relationship with food and never thought I'd be able to avoid constant binges. But through time, as my body's changed, so has my mind. In short , don't think you need to lose 10 pounds as soon as possible as try something that will ultimately fail - feel free to take your time with it :)

submitted by /u/tooangsty4adulthood
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat http://bit.ly/2Q1kHLN

No comments:

Post a Comment